Re: Switching Back

  • From: "Cindy Handel" <cindy425@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <optacon-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 02 Oct 2007 07:44:58 -0400

Hi All,

I haven't jumped in here, yet.  But, all these uses for the Optacon are
great.

I use my Optacon to look at labels on frozen meat.  When they wrap fresh
meat at the grocery store, often the label is stuck on to hold the paper
closed and goes around the edge of the package.  The KNFB Reader will read
these labels if they're relatively flat on the package.  But, when the
writing is at an odd angle, because of the shape of the package, nothing
else will work.  I just pulled out my Optacon and checked the package I
found in the freezer.  In seconds, I knew it was ground beef.

It really is sad that more people didn't learn to use this wonderful little
machine.

Cindy