Re: Switching Back

  • From: "Mary Ellen Earls" <meearls@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <optacon-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2007 06:25:26 -0700

Well for one thing checking to see if my signature came out on checks, and
making sure that the return slip is in properly when I pay bills.
Also I had to give up just reading a book at my leisure. No matter what ocr
screen reader people tell you, flat bed scanners simply are not equipped for
reading books and to just be able to read my Yoga books and look up the
explanation of a posture I am not sure of is such a welcome relief again.
It is also fantastic to check your checks and make sure the printer didn't
print them too far up or over the line.
That's about all I can think of at present, Maybe reading instructions on
how to heat up frozen foods too is something which I had to give up pretty
much
I just had a thought about something, Why not develop software for our
notetaking devices such as the Pacmate or Braille Note or Voice Sense or
Braille Sense and utilize the camera of cell phones?
Just my less than 2 cents worth but what do I know anyway?
Mary Ellen Earls