[opendtv] Re: White paper from CEA

  • From: Mark Schubin <tvmark@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2005 11:03:06 -0500 (EST)

I think you may be confusing KCSM with KJLA.  The 38% figure is from KCSM.

KJLA is the Hispanic station that WANTED to drop analog.  As part of their FCC
submission, they noted that Nielsen said they had fewer than 0.25% (as low as
Nielsen measures) OTA viewership in the LA market.  The FCC refused their
request saying even less than 0.25% is too much to lose in the Hispanic market.

TTFN,
Mark