[opendtv] Re: Martin: 15% of Stations Face Smaller DTV-Coverage Areas

  • From: "Manfredi, Albert E" <albert.e.manfredi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2008 20:01:11 -0400

Craig Birkmaier wrote:

> This is another classic case of the nonsense that you promulgate
> on this list on a regular basis. Do you ever read the stuff you
> post; or is it just a reading comprehension issue?

Okay, you are right about NBC being available locally in Wilmington NC.
However, typical of your posts, that doesn't invalidate the point that
Wilmington does not have a full complement of the OTA TV networks.

I looked it up.

http://newslink.org/NCtele.html

Wilmington lacks a local PBS, CW, MNT, nor do they have any additional
independent goodies.

So, I'll grant you they don't need to look elsewhere for NBC, but they
do need to for the three missing ones, at least.

> It is obvious that there is no market-into-market competition
> (interference) if a market is not served with the programming.
> This is not the case for the discussion at hand.

Too bad. It is the case. They have four local stations, and so does
Gainesville. Whether they carry SD versions of missing networks in
multicast streams, I don't know.