[opendtv] Re: Fewer than 2 Million have OTA DTV in US

  • From: "John Willkie" <johnwillkie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 24 Dec 2006 12:30:20 -0800

If you've never subscribed to cable in your life, how do you know what
people complain to cable systems about?

Here's what people complain to cable about: when the cable goes out, or a
"big game" or event is interrupted, or when the channels are re-tiered and
favorite content is moved to a different (more expensive) tier, or when they
otherwise lose a source of programming they had become accustomed to.  Of
course, if they have a cable/telephone bundle, and assuming no phone back-up
systems, they don't complain to the cable company when their cable and phone
goes out.  When it comes back on, they are usually happy.

They don't complain much about missing programming they've never seen.

John Willkie