[opendtv] Re: Fewer than 2 Million have OTA DTV in US

  • From: "John Willkie" <johnwillkie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 24 Dec 2006 12:22:51 -0800

Good to seem some figures, Dennis.

If this is truly a study, don't you need to account for the margin of error?
Last time I checked, it was nationally around 2%.  So, your 14% figure is
somewhere between 12 and 16%.  IIRC, LA's margin of error as stated by
Nielsen is a bit bigger .

I did a quick analysis some years back.  The independent stations in San
Diego may have had low prime-time ratings (a market more than 88%
cable/satellite), but more than a third of their viewership was among that
small sliver.

John Willkie

  _____