[opendtv] Re: Bob, where are the tunerless monitors?

  • From: "Manfredi, Albert E" <albert.e.manfredi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2007 11:03:48 -0400

Craig Birkmaier wrote:

> If someone drives by your house and sees a satellite dish
> they think you are tech savvy. If they see a TV antenna they
> think you are a laggard at best - better to hide it in the attic.
>
> ;-)

Isn't it far more embarrassing to show that you're so concerned about
what people think?

The funny thing is, our new neighbors did exactly what you describe. The
previous owner had combination DBS and OTA. Then these new owners move
in, and the *next day* there's a cable truck installing cable service.
At the same time, the OTA antennas disappear, but the DBS antenna
remains.

Tell me. Does that make me think more or less of them? Take a wild
guess. (Think "poseur.")