[opendtv] Re: Bob, where are the tunerless monitors?

  • From: "johnwillkie" <johnwillkie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2007 12:05:30 -0700

Steve;

But, doesn't that beg the question as to why these things seem to be
available in Australia without any satellite tie in?

I've wondered if Oz law permits the gov't to dictate what types of STBs are
marketed, or such.  (I know they seem to require the sale of SDTV and HDTV
sets.)

I will say when I told people that they would end up with a HDTV "set"
hooked up to a STB to get over the air television, most people would ask me
"Why?"  I came up with: you can upgrade the features of your TV without
buying a whole new integrated TV set.

John Willkie