[opendtv] Re: Bob, where are the tunerless monitors?

  • From: "John Shutt" <shuttj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2007 16:56:57 -0400

----- Original Message ----- From: "johnwillkie" <johnwillkie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

No, as I pointed out earlier, it has RCA video and L+r audio input, plus
S-video input. Video and audio input, I think, isn't required for a STB, so
I suggested turning these into outputs and getting rid of the video/audio
input processing for video/audio output.

John,

What is the make and model of this unit? Why does it have RCA inputs at all? An F connector and three RCA connectors would take up most of the surface area of the typical dongle.

The only ATSC receiver I can find with the word "Diamond" in it is the Diamond Xtreme TV HDTV100, and it is a USB dongle with a single F connector at on end. However, it has no RCA inputs at all.

And btw, if you simply decode a transport stream and pass it to a computer via USB, you never decode Dolby Digital audio, and you never decode MPEG 2 video, therefore you don't need a license for either, and would be a fool to pay for them.

John