[opendtv] Re: Bob, where are the tunerless monitors?

  • From: Barry Brown <barrysb@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2007 19:26:21 -0400

Maybe I'm in a unique location and situation, but I reliably receive all eight local DT channels (plus some sub-channels) using a fixed attic antenna and all these channels appear in an integrated EPG from a Dish 622 receiver. I'm 35 miles from the antenna farm and couldn't be happier. I see no need for LIL. It's a waste of spectrum space, AFAIC.

On Jul 16, 2007, at 6:09 PM, John Shutt wrote:

----- Original Message ----- From: "Manfredi, Albert E" <albert.e.manfredi@xxxxxxxxxx>

If that's true, then why get (probably) inferior HDTV quality and a
higher monthly bill, with local-into-local, if you have access to the
OTA signal too?

People who don't want to bother with an outdoor antenna in addition to the one or two dishes, and perhaps those who have to re-aim their antenna to receive all of the stations in the market, and perhaps those who enjoy having all of the programming on one EPG.