[mac4theblind] Re: David Poehlman, long-time list member, was robbed, read on

  • From: John Panarese <jpanarese@xxxxxx>
  • To: mac4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 06 Jun 2012 13:29:13 -0400

     To add some additional facts here, as I have spoken to David, the police
were notified right away.  Basically, and think about this, folks, he was in
his house at the time the robbery took place.  He went down to get his mail and
someone got in through the back screen door to rob him.  This indicates that he
was being watched for quite some time and the individual or individuals knew
his patterns.  Consider that fact if you are living on your own and what this
might do to your psyche.  So, please, no snide comments.

    David has been a member of the Apple user community since Tiger.  I don't
even know if I could count how many people he has helped over the last seven
years with his time and knowledge.  He, in fact, got me up and running on the
Mac when I first got my iBook G4, and I credit him for giving me the courage
and confidence to learn VoiceOver and eventually switch from Windows full time.

     Basically, Marcie, like myself, would like to help David in some way.  So,
please read Marcie's email and either contact her directly or contact me for
any suggestions.  The guy has literally lost his life, and as a community, we,
if possible, should try to assist him in some way.  This is not a matter of
being some bleeding heart effort.  This is a matter of helping someone who has
given a lot to the community over the years and us returning that favor as a
community.

Thank You

Tel, (631) 724-4479
Email, john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Website, http://www.macfortheblind.com

APPLE CERTIFIED SUPPORT PROFESSIONAL FOR MAC OSX LION