[mac4theblind] David Poehlman, long-time list member, was robbed, read on

  • From: Marcy Weinberg <marcy.weinberg1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mac4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2012 13:09:44 -0400

Hello, all,

David Poehlman, a member of this list, was robbed last week.  Stolen were not 1
but 2 computers, a Macbook and an even newer Macbook Pro 13-inch.  Also taken
were a Braille display and his magic track pad.

These items are quite valuable to any owner, but even more so in David's case.
He is a disability technology consultant, and those computers were his
lifeblood.  He has helped countless persons with all issues mac-related,
including I'm sure many on this list, as well as providing invaluable
information to all of us on all things mac.

I am hoping that we can gather as a community to help David.  I am looking for
ideas as to how we can best aid him so that he can continue to carry on his
work.  My thought was that we could gather together and donate money so that he
can purchase a new computer, or we can purchase one for him.

Please write with your ideas.  You can write to me off list at:

marcy.weinberg1@xxxxxxxxx

I know that I can count on you, the list members, to step up to the plate as
you help a fellow member who has been so terribly violated, and thank you in
advance for responding.

--
Marcy
marcy.weinberg1@xxxxxxxxx