[mac4theblind] Re: David Poehlman, long-time list member, was robbed, read on

  • From: Tracy Duffy <tracyduffy@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mac4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2012 16:53:58 -0400

That terrible to hear. I'm afraid I don't have money that I could contribute,
but if I can be of help in some other way, please let me know. I don't know
what that would be at this point, but my heart goes out to him. I know I'd be
crushed if this happened to me.

On Jun 6, 2012, at 1:09 PM, Marcy Weinberg wrote:

> Hello, all,
>
> David Poehlman, a member of this list, was robbed last week.  Stolen were not
> 1 but 2 computers, a Macbook and an even newer Macbook Pro 13-inch.  Also
> taken were a Braille display and his magic track pad.
>
> These items are quite valuable to any owner, but even more so in David's
> case.  He is a disability technology consultant, and those computers were his
> lifeblood.  He has helped countless persons with all issues mac-related,
> including I'm sure many on this list, as well as providing invaluable
> information to all of us on all things mac.
>
> I am hoping that we can gather as a community to help David.  I am looking
> for ideas as to how we can best aid him so that he can continue to carry on
> his work.  My thought was that we could gather together and donate money so
> that he can purchase a new computer, or we can purchase one for him.
>
> Please write with your ideas.  You can write to me off list at:
>
> marcy.weinberg1@xxxxxxxxx
>
> I know that I can count on you, the list members, to step up to the plate as
> you help a fellow member who has been so terribly violated, and thank you in
> advance for responding.
>
> --
> Marcy
> marcy.weinberg1@xxxxxxxxx

tracyduffy@xxxxxxxxx
Isaiah 2:11 Human pride will be brought down,
      and human arrogance will be humbled.
   Only the LORD will be exalted
      on that day of judgment.