[lit-ideas] Re: flu vaccine

  • From: Judy Evans <judithevans001@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2004 02:40:25 +0000

Monday, November 1, 2004, 2:14:32 AM, JimKandJulieB@xxxxxxx wrote:

Jac> Please explain ibuprofen gel?  I've never heard of it.

Ibuprofen's the generic name. The generic should be available in the
US both on and off-prescription, but you may know the non-generic,
Advil is one of the US names.  The gel is for topical use.  It won't
though work unless it gets into the system so the normal recommended
"dose" doesn't work; and it shouldn't be used with ibuprofen (or other
NSAID) pills.  But it is great, applied thickly (I did check what I
was doing with my GP) for RSI-inflamed wrists.

It's very widely available here.

(Ah. I see.  Your drug companies don't want to spend the money to get
it FDA approved because the patent's expired.  Some people in the US
buy it from other countries.)

Nail varnish is nail polish, yes.

Jac> Btw, is  "nail
Jac> varnish" something you put on your fingernails?  Another
Brittish/American vocab