[lit-ideas] Re: The de-islamization of Europe

  • From: "Simon Ward" <sedward@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2007 19:46:23 -0000

I don't know Lawrence [if I stopped there, you'd have a very truthful statement
- but I won't]...I don't know Lawrence, leave you alone for less than a day and
you're already getting into logical difficulties. I'd say it's down to the
position you take. It's wrong.

But that's beside the point. Unsurprisingly, you're unwilling to do the
research (the same research you keep telling me and others to do), the reason
being that you say it'd take too long - even though I put a two day time-scale
on it. Oh well, but even if you won't reciprocate, there's nothing to stop me
playing.

For instance*:

Messages from Lawrence Helm...1,303
Messages from LH containing the word Islam...603
Messages from LH containing the word leftist...214
Messages from LH containing the word Iraq...439
Messages from LH containing the word Iran...365
Messages from LH containing the word Islamist...347
Messages from LH containing the word Islamism...126
Messages from LH containing the word Simon...146

Quite interesting so far. For instance, you seem more concerned about leftists
than you are about Islamism, though clearly you are concerned more with Islam
than anything. And of course, I pride myself on appearing in more messages than
Islamism as well. So, according to this totally unscientific survey, I am more
important to you than Islamism.

More to come obviously...

Simon

*Searched across all messages from Lawrence Helm on Lit-Ideas since 20th
January 2006 (Lawrence's reappearence), saved on my E-mail system (which has
all messages back to 9th March 2005).