[lit-ideas] Re: The Monster is dead

  • From: Eric Yost <eyost1132@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2006 13:55:08 -0500

>>increasingly lethal never ending war and holocausts

We all have to start somewhere. At least we've mostly gone beyond religious ritual cannibalism, Sure there are odd cases of religious ritual cannibalism in isolated corners of the world like the Bronx or Kendal, England. But for the most part, our religious ritual cannibalism is symbolic and well-intentioned. There has been some progress -- from religious ritual cannibalism to religious ritual sacrifice of animals. So cheer up. We start a new number tonight. Think "seven."

_____

Animal Sacrifices Maim 1,400 Inept Turks

Over a thousand Turks spent the first day of the Muslim feast of Eid al-Adha in emergency wards on Sunday after stabbing themselves or suffering other injuries while sacrificing startled animals.

At least 1,413 people _ referred to as "amateur butchers" by the Turkish media _ were treated at hospitals across the country, most suffering cuts to their hands and legs, the Anatolia news agency reported.

Four people were severely injured, crushed under the weight of large animals that fell on top of them, the agency reported. Another person was hurt when a crane used to lift an animal tumbled onto him, the agency said.

Three other people suffered heart attacks and died while trying to restrain animals, CNN-Turk television reported.

Muslims sacrifice cows, sheep, goats and bulls during the four-day religious holiday, a ritual commemorating the biblical account of God's provision of a ram for Abraham to sacrifice as he was about to slay his son. They share the meat with friends, family and neighbors and give part of it to the poor.

full story at: http://www.breitbart.com/news/2006/12/31/D8MBUOSG0.html