[lit-ideas] Re: The Monster is dead

  • From: JimKandJulieB@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2006 01:19:00 EST

Thank God I managed to miss all that.

YouTube is broadcasting the whole thing widely -- I was showing my husband
some of the creative things individuals have done -- including cool stop-motion
 videos .

When I saw that the top .....couple dozen?....videos were of the execution  I
felt ill.  I closed the site out.

Either it's important (in which case treating it as Vaudeville is entirely
inappropriate), or it's not (in which case "we" should never have been there in
 the first place), or (most likely) there are more people with prurient
interests  in the morbid and vulgar than I want to acknowledge or admit.

Julie Krueger

========Original  Message========     Subj: [lit-ideas] Re: The Monster is
dead  Date: 12/30/2006 6:04:59 P.M. Central Standard Time  From:
_pas@xxxxxxxxxx
(mailto:pas@xxxxxxxxx)   To: _lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
At 04:22 PM 12/30/2006, you wrote:
>Sounds  like you want emotions to make sense.  Emotions don't have to
>make  sense, they're outside the realm of cognitive.

No I was commenting on the  INANE comments that dozens of people were
making in the two hours before the  inevitable and the hour after it.
They were just rambling on and on. The guy  who witnessed the
execution -- apparently Saddam's friend -- said "it worked  very
nicely" about the noose. Larry King asked Anderson Pooper "Do you
think this is rather Ghoulish?". The guy with no hand {weiskopf?} on
Anderson Cooper's show was spewing unbelievable non-sequiturs and
nonsense. I guffawed at least 12 times in three hours and I'm not a
sicko. The things these turds were saying were that ridiculous. They
were talking to talk. And AC's mock sincerity was absolutely
hilarious.  It was REALLY like a parody of  itself.

[insert pithy quote  here]
Paul Stone
pas@xxxxxxxx
Leamington, ON.  Canada