[lit-ideas] Re: The Monster is dead

  • From: JimKandJulieB@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2006 17:40:30 EST

Absolutely rich, that is.  Is your local newspaper online?

Julie Krueger

========Original  Message========     Subj: [lit-ideas] Re: The Monster is
dead  Date: 12/31/2006 12:38:27 P.M. Central Standard Time  From:
_ritchierd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx (mailto:ritchierd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)   To:
_lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

On Dec 30, 2006, at 10:19 PM,  JimKandJulieB@xxxxxxx wrote:

> Thank God I managed to miss all  that.

My thoughts exactly until this morning's newspaper,  which contains a
message from the Vatican's "top official for justice  issues,"
explaining that the execution amounts to an eye for an eye, which  is
old hat or testament or something.  Outdated anyway.  Burning  people at
the stake and hanging them by the neck go against the Catholic  church's
veneration for the sanctity of life.

There was on the same  page, a complete description of the hanging and
then, at the bottom of the  page, succor in the form of an ad that wants
to look like a news  story.  Below all this stuff about exactly how the
thug's neck snapped  comes the headline, "Avoid Costly Neck and Back
Surgery."

Well,  yes.  I believe he did.

David Ritchie,
Portland,  Oregon=