[lit-ideas] Re: The Monster is dead

  • From: JimKandJulieB@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2006 18:30:41 EST

I must be writing obliquely, at best.  The problem I find with  your position
is that if monsters create monsters create monsters there is a  world of
monsters without a way to step outside of that "place".  After  all, a monster
isn't going to do good parenting.  But more than that, it  seems that you want
very much to paint people into black &  white corners.  You are starting to
remind me of Camus.   There really is no good in your world, it seems.  No
wonder
I am  "Pollyanna" to you.  You state wonderful ideals -- parents guiding
children w/out spanking them, people treating one another as real  human beings
--
and yet in the same breath you assert that such a thing is  not possible on
this planet in this species.  Cynicism is the flip side of  idealism, I

Julie Krueger
========Original  Message========
Subj: [lit-ideas] Re: The Monster is dead  Date: 12/31/2006 5:07:20 P.M.
Central Standard Time  From: _aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
(mailto:aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)
 To: _lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx (mailto:lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)   Sent on:
If there is no cause and effect, what is there?  Maybe theologically
something came of nothing, but on planet Earth, by definition effects have
causes.
I also said over and over that victims create victims.   Saddam was created,
along with all the other monsters.  I hear you  saying there is no cause, no
effect, things just happen, let's just sweep it all  under the rug, perhaps
rejoice that a monster [read: a once terrorized child] is  now dead.  I don't
understand that at all.