[lit-ideas] Re: Muhammed and the Giant Peach

  • From: "JUDITH EVANS" <judithevans1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2006 05:47:40 -0000

OK Lawrence, I'll explain at length.

You wrote, not to me,

> > The 100,000 dead Iraqi civilians was the original guess of someone who
> > anticipated that number, someone whose name escapes me.  It has been
> > repeated over and over.  It isn't true.  And it causes me to wonder what
> you
> > are reading.

and I replied that the reading may have been _The Lancet_.
The piece, I said (i.e. the source for 100,000 deaths) was published there:

> http://www.thelancet.com/
>

> There may also have been,

I said

> "guess"/"anticipation"

(referring to your

)

>but

I wrote

> the people who did this study are researchers.

(who did research on this and published it in the Lancet; since when it has
indeed been repeated a number of times)

May I suggest, Lawrence, that if you fail to "get" a post you refer to the
posts that preceded it?  (In this instance, the posts you yourself appended
to your reply to me.)

Judy Evans, Cardiff