[lit-ideas] Re: Europe (Re: Re: Dutch support killer of van Gogh)

  • From: "Peter D. Junger" <junger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2006 13:15:47 -0500

Many years ago, when I was a teenager, I was sitting in a car
talking to a good friend, whose father was of Swedish descent
and whose mother was the daughter of imigrants to the U.S. from
Armenia.

My friend told me that his parents, who had married for love or
something like that,  were so miserable that he would not be
surprised if when he went home he found that his father had
committed suicide.  And then he said that his maternal
grandparents, who loved each other dearly and had had a very
happy and successful life, had had an arranged marriage and
had not met each other before the day of their marriage.

--
Peter D. Junger--Case Western Reserve University Law School--Cleveland, OH
 EMAIL: junger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx    URL:  http://samsara.law.cwru.edu