[lit-ideas] Re: Europe (Re: Re: Dutch support killer of van Gogh)

  • From: "Judith Evans" <judithevans1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2006 19:23:08 -0000

Paul, I just don't think that measures that depend on people
saying "my marriage wasn't arranged" (which would I hope be
more subtle than yours!)will work.  Also there's the issue of
what counts as an arranged marriage.

Enforced marriages are of course illegal in the UK but are
 not actually banned by a specific law (instead the kidnapping and
assault laws are used); a specific law is though to be brought in.

Judy Evans, Cardiff