[lit-ideas] Re: Eric's hypocritcal wars

  • From: Eternitytime1@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 2 Apr 2006 00:20:22 EST

In a message dated 4/1/2006 10:10:41 P.M. Central Standard Time,
andreas@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

As John  says, it's not about Eric's values. Right wing, left wing, buffalo
wings, I  don't
care. But if he wants us to accept his words, then he should stand  behind
them.

HI,
This is kind of scary to me.

I'm sure glad that view point is not in charge of the world...!

I'd be out of a job (even though I do write letters and help where I can in
the ways that I can--but there are things I say about issues that I have no
ability without incredible sacrifice to my son if I actually DID something
about  it...)

It's a bit like 'You agree with giving illegal immigrants jobs and  rights,
why are not you standing in front of the line protesting?   You're here
legally, aren't you?  So, what? You'd lose your job because  some guy threatens
take his business to India if you don't work?  So  what?  Who cares?  Don't
even
WRITE that you believe in immigrant  rights if you aren't willing to be out
there! Oh, and it does not matter what  age you are, what your health is, how
much others in your life depend on you--if  you are not 'out there'--at the
least [and you probably should be organizing a  new group if you don't have one
in your area!]--you had better NOT write about  the topic!

Oh, and if you own a business or a company--don't EVEN say that you agree
with illegal immigrant rights if you are outsourcing your business/company to
India!  Don't EVEN write ONE SINGLE word about the issue!  Hire  them--at
living wages, too!  and forget about cheap labor in India--we have  it right
here!

Hm...and what about those who are worried about the influx of illegal
immigrants?  THEY had better not discuss the issue, either, unless they are  in
marches waving flags or guarding the border!  Better not even think  about
WRITING
about the issue--even if it helps clarify your thoughts or in  discussion you
think about an aspect that you had not thought of before--

You think the USA shouldn't be in Iraq?  Why aren't you out there
protesting?  You have to work to eat?  Don't EVEN say the words if you  are not
willing
to stand behind them!  Get out there!  I don't care if  you lose your house,
your job and your kids cannot have shoes!  Get out  there!  (Besides, I'm going
to be hiring more people in India so you can  always move there--in fact, you
OUGHT to move there since you are not out there  protesting instead of just
calling people names on a list serve!  What sort  of American are you, anyway,
that you would just SAY you disagree and yet you  are not on your feet -- with
or without a job!  Get out there!
Who cares about responsibilities?  YOU are NOT allowed to speak unless  you
are actually putting some action behind it!

So--since the people who are not in favor of the Iraqi war are NOT out on
the streets protesting (didn't we have a person from another country wondering
about that recently?) -- maybe they should NOT be speaking of such a  topic!!

What sort says something about not liking American policy if he isn't
actually doing something to change it???

If Eric is not allowed to discuss his mullings on a topic such as the Iraqi
war--then I think the ones who disagree with his mullings or have some of
their  own ought not be allowed to discuss THEIR viewpoints, either.

That is, if we are going down the 'fair is fair' road, after all...

Though I thought, again, this was a list of ideas...and that was part of  the
process.

Best,
Marlena in Missouri
thinking we need to make this list off-limits for controversial discussions
and ONLY focus on the 'values' that are 'okay'...since civil discourse is
apparently not possible on this list, either...