[lit-ideas] Eric's hypocritcal wars

  • From: "Andreas Ramos" <andreas@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 1 Apr 2006 16:20:12 -0800

The very personal and vicious comments by John and Andreas strike me as
being in terribly bad form.  Attacking the person because one disagrees
with their beliefs should have no place on this list.  It really is
disappointing.

I'm doing this to Eric for a reason: he keeps insisting the US should attack other countries. But does he really believe that? No. He talks, but does nothing.

This is a huge problem in the USA now. We have a group of people in the White House who start wars and tens of thousands die, yet none of these men were in the military; in fact, they were draft dodgers or went AWOL. They want war, yet refuse to be in a war.

The chickenhawks go even further; they denounce their opponents as unamerican. Sen. Kerry, who served in the military and was wounded in combat, was viciously attacked by the GOP and denounced as a coward and a liar.

Eric is too old to enlist? Is that his excuse now? He can join the dozens (60+) of mercenary outfits in Iraq. No age limits there.

He can get a job at Halliburton or any of the several dozen American corps in Iraq (yes, even Kentucky Fried Chicken and Pizza Hut) and go to Iraq. No age limits there.

Eric has no excuses. If he believes what he says, then he should do what he
says.

yrs,
andreas
www.andreas.com