[lit-ideas] Re: Eric's hypocritcal wars

  • From: Eric <eyost1132@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 02 Apr 2006 15:36:54 -0400

John: But I detest the attitudes that Eric displays in his posts in re the
war in Iraq. They play directly into the hands of the rapacious,
fearmongering criminals who compose the current administration and
exemplify the kind of response to appeals to our basest emotions that
tyrants throughout history have used to drum up support for their
tyranny.

Eric: Call me out on the attitudes--if they are attitudes and not the projection your own personal anxieties--and try to change my mind. You probably don't even know what I believe.

If you deplore politicians who put our youth in harm's way, you'll have a grudge with everyone from Thomas Jefferson to Hillary Clinton. But I will certainly cut you slack because you have children in the military.