[lit-ideas] Re: Eric's hypocritcal wars

  • From: Eternitytime1@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 1 Apr 2006 19:30:23 EST

In a message dated 4/1/2006 6:20:54 P.M. Central Standard Time,
andreas@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

Eric has  no excuses. If he believes what he says, then he should do what he
says.

I also think that this is crossing a line in terms of personal  attacks.

Why not then also state that all the members of Congress who voted for that
war in Iraq go enlist?  If you begin to shout THAT, then maybe I could  handle
it.

I do NOT hear from them how absolutely sorry they were for that vote--and
for taking any responsibility for the mess in Iraq that exists. To me, to
simply
 state 'bring 'em back' is NOT taking responsibility nor is it fixing what
we,  collectively, did.  There have been a number of strategies suggested (and
Eric, at least, is one of the few on this list who not only read them but
commented on them) AND he is one of the few people that I know who also stated
that he thought that the US was a bit hasty in making the decision to go to
war.  He stated that quite publicly, in fact.  To suggest that just because one

makes that statement (which members of Congress--who HAD authority--some even
in  California which I suspect Andreas voted for--) is not allowed to discuss
and  mull over different angles of looking at situations seems rather peculiar
to  me.

It's like saying that someone who is a Corporate American type is not
allowed to care for the Other--esp if he/she is outsourcing/hiring people from
other countries to do work that could be done here--and to state that the
person
who does such a thing is 'using' the USA and people as objects and totally has
 no care or concern ... that would be also a peculiar thing to state but
seems  like if stating that Eric cannot mull things over, look and explore
viewpoints  and even state that perhaps we OUGHT to be proactive in strategy
seems
odd.  Where better than on a list to take a look at such a notion and  calmly
state where that might lead?  Suspend judgement and just  evaluate--

For all Andreas knows (and the rest of us, too) Eric could have that piece
in him which has High Need to make sure that Balance of viewpoints is a part of
 our reality.

Best,
Marlena in Missouri
often liberal by conservatives and a conservative by liberals and seeking
balance and civility in discourse