[liblouis-liblouisxml] Re: back translate patch

  • From: Mesar Hameed <mesar.hameed@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2014 08:59:57 +0100

Hi Ken,

The questions that I would want answered in one location/email are:

1. What is broken, including examples.
2. Why is a revert needed, i.e. what was the original commit trying to
fix, and by simply reverting we will just reintroduce the problem that
it was trying to work around.
3. Idealy we get a code improvement patch rather than a revert, which will take
into
account problems in 1 and 2, and ensures that the new code handles both.
If you are unable to work on the patch, maybe you can help to identify
suitable tests/examples for 1 and 2 so that we can work up a proper solution.

This might take a bit longer than just reverting, but as I see it is the
right way forward,
otherwise we will just be trading one set of problems for another.

Hope this makes sence.

thanks,
Mesar