[liblouis-liblouisxml] Re: Offer for help on the usage of google project page

  • From: Christian Egli <christian.egli@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2008 09:53:05 +0100

Hi all

I haven't heard James input on this (I tried to talk to James over
Jabber but I guess he lives in a very different time zone).

In the interest of moving on I'm suggesting that we separate the two
things: One to get subversion set up and get John going with it. Two to
remove the stuff that should not be in svn (configure, etc, but this
seems subject to discussion). So What I'm suggesting is that I take the
latest tar ball of liblouisxml (1.7) and import it in svn. We can then
get John set up with svn get him acquainted with it. Once this is done
either Eitan or James can remove the files they think should be
generated in the 'make dist' process.

Would that be a workable approach? John, is 1.7 the newest source of
libxml or do I need to import something newer?

On Tue, 2008-12-16 at 17:01 +0200, Eitan Isaacson wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 16, 2008 at 4:49 PM, John J. Boyer <johnjboyer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
> >  As a compromise, the svn version could have only autogen and the featured
> > tarball could have configure, etc. But this would have to be noted in
> > the README file.
> >
> This is standard. When you check out a project from SVN, you are
> expected to bootstrap it using the included autogen.sh script. When
> the tarball is distributed, it is done using the Makefile's "dist"
> target. This makes a pre-bootstrapped tarball with the configure
> script so the user does not need any autotool-related dependencies
> like automake and autoconf.
> For a description of the software and to download it go to
> http://www.jjb-software.com

Swiss Library for the Blind and Visually Impaired