[liblouis-liblouisxml] Re: Offer for help on the usage of google project page

  • From: Christian Egli <christian.egli@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2008 15:22:02 +0100

Hi

On Thu, 2008-12-11 at 21:39 -0600, John J. Boyer wrote:
> I'm surprised you couldn't find the Google Code page for liblouisxml.

The google code search seems to be a bit weak. When I search for
liblouisxml on the liblouis google code page it tells me that
"Your search - liblouisxml - did not generate any results." However if I
search normally via Google for "liblouisxml google code" the first hit
points to the right place.

> Maybe I still have to do something to make it publicly visible.

Don't know. Anyway this is not a major problem at the moment.

> I'll have a look at the instructions from Eitan and wait for more from
> you next week.

I think your usage of subversion will be fairly basic, since you're
mostly the only developer on liblouis:

svn checkout, svn commit, maybe the occasional svn status and svn add if
you add new tables. If you're wondering what you've been doing a svn
diff is handy.

If you could add me as an owner or member to both project pages I can
give you the exact commands and I can do the initial import of
liblouisxml and maybe a update of liblouis.

liblouisxml will be easy because we will simply start from your latest
source (presumably a tar ball). liblouis will be a little more tricky. I
guess we could overwrite everything in the subversion repository with
your source code, however it would probably be nice to include
improvements that have been done in the subversion repository (if there
are any). So I guess this would have to be merged manually which is a
bit of work. I just did a quick diff -r between your tar ball and a
subversion checkout. There seem to be some differences, for example
subversion seems to contain some test cases. I guess we'll have to look
at all that.

I'll send you my Google Account ID in a separate mail.

Swiss Library for the Blind and Visually Impaired