[liblouis-liblouisxml] Re: Offer for help on the usage of google project page

  • From: "John J. Boyer" <johnjboyer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2008 08:49:40 -0600

Christian,

I'm glad you now have access to the Google project pages. And I agree
that we should stick with liblouisxml for now.

I did get an autotooled tarball from Eitan in April, and I based
subsequent releases on it. The lbx_files directory no longer contains
any liblouis tables. I had to make a lot of changes to the autotools
files to get good results, since Eitan's tarball was only intended as a
starting point. So the latest release of liblouisxml is fully
autotooled, and it also has a path-search algorithm that can handle
varying locations of user configuration files, semantic-action files and
translation tables.

I would favor having the configure and Makefile.in files in svn, so a
user can checkout svn and build without having autotools installed. As a
compromise, the svn version could have only autogen and the featured
tarball could have configure, etc. But this would have to be noted in
the README file.

So I'm hoping to see Christian's work on the liblouisxml project page
soon.

Thanks to both of you!
John

--