[liblouis-liblouisxml] Windows Versions

  • From: "John J. Boyer" <johnjboyer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2008 09:08:58 -0600

Recently I checked out NVDA from svn, but I haven't yet found liblouis
there. I think I was able to build the entire package in Cygwin sometime
ago, but I had difficulty installing it. I'll have to give it another
try. liblouisxml had problems because of the same old pkg-config
bugaboo.

at I've been trying to do with Windows is concoct a Makefile that can be
used with VC6 and later. I do have one for liblouis that builds the
library but not the tools. libxml2 has a Win32 directory that contains a
Makefile that works successfully. This was my inspiration. A test
implementation that Design Sciences made a couple of years ago got me
started on this line of work, but I'm not very good at Windows, so I've
been looking for a better Windows guy to complete it.  Once a good
Makefile, .def file, etc. are available for both liblouis and
liblouisxml it will be possible to just drop in the latest source code
and build. Of course, we will also need an installer, at least a
self-extracting .exe file.

My websites:
http://www.godtouches.org
http://www.jjb-software.com