[liblouis-liblouisxml] Re: Windows Versions

  • From: James Teh <jamie@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2008 09:07:12 +1000

On 17/12/2008 1:08 AM, John J. Boyer wrote:
Recently I checked out NVDA from svn, but I haven't yet found liblouis
there.
The liblouis dll is contained in our miscellaneous dependencies package - we don't include binary third party dependencies in svn. You can download it here (it is a self-extracting archive):
http://www.nvda-project.org/wiki/MiscellaneousDependencies

at I've been trying to do with Windows is concoct a Makefile that can be
used with VC6 and later.
Normally, I'd agree that this is a great idea. However, because autotools is required to set some variables (and may be required moreso in the future), it makes sense to use autotools, which can't be done if Microsoft's make is used. The downside is that this does mean that mingw32 is required for building.

--
James Teh
Email/MSN Messenger/Jabber: jamie@xxxxxxxxxxx