[iyonix-support] Re: Iyonix network lock out

  • From: Peter van der Vos <peterthuis@xxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2012 09:35:11 +0200

Op 9 apr 2012, om 08:31 heeft Frank de Bruijn het volgende geschreven:

In article <4F820B25.1010703@xxxxxxxxxx>,
  John Ballance <jwb@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
What you describe implies a low level routine that has no realistic
timeout. I guess the obvious question to ask is whether you are on the
latest version of the OS, and whether this would occur on an earlier
version.

I am currently on 5.18. When it started I was still using 5.16.

Also is there anything you can do locally that can emulate this isp
link failure ..

Apparently not. I have tried pulling network cables during transfers
and switching the router off, but the higher level application will just
notice the connection has been lost or time out without the interface
locking up.

That's not good enough. This way the hardware in the Iyonix notice the link is gone. You should pull the cable going into the router.

Good luck,

Peter
--
Peter van der Vos