[iyonix-support] Iyonix network lock out

  • From: Frank de Bruijn <iyonix-support-sub@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 07 Apr 2012 09:17:34 +0200

Recently my ISP has upgraded its CMTS hardware and as a consequence my
internet connection has become rather unreliable. My Iyonix is on 24/7
and performs several nightly tasks, like retrieving log files for sites
I maintain. If the internet connection disappears in the middle of such
a task, the result can be either a completely locked up machine or a
network interface which is unable to connect to anything after the ISP
connection has come back up. Both require a machine reset to get things
back in order.

If the computer has frozen, there is of course no other way to handle
this. However, if it is still responsive but has 'lost' the interface, I
would like to be able to deal with that without a reboot.

Does anyone know whether this is possible? If so, how? Merely
reinitialising the Internet module and/or running the set up routines
does not seem to work.

Regards,
Frank