[iyonix-support] Re: Iyonix network lock out

In message <527ddb457biyonix-support-sub@xxxxxxxxx>
          Frank de Bruijn <iyonix-support-sub@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In article <dc32d57d52.Alan.Adams@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
>    Alan Adams <alan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> It all starts to sound to me as though the problem is with an
>> application that can't handle timeouts. Thus the intermittent nature
>> depends on which application is active, rather than which part of the
>> hardware is not working.

> That's what I thought initially. However, if that were so I would expect
> quitting the application responsible to have some kind of effect. The
> first couple of times this happened, I quit every program still running.
> No change.

Let's see if I understand your setup.

There's a cable broadband connection to a modem. The modem connects to
a router. All your machines connect to the router.

The cable connection is flaky.

Pulling the cables out anywhere doesn't simulate the fault.

When the cable connection goes down your Iyonix freezes, if, and only
if, it was using the connection at the time.
The other machines do what in this situation? wait? report error?

--
Alan Adams, from Northamptonshire
alan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx