[iyonix-support] Re: Iyonix network lock out

  • From: Frank de Bruijn <iyonix-support-sub@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 09 Apr 2012 13:41:36 +0200

In article <4F82B5D4.3000403@xxxxxxxxxx>,
   John Ballance <jwb@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Intuitively it doesn't sound like power supply problems, but given
> the experience of others, it is worth a check.

Until I can get my multimeter fixed or borrow someone else's, I will
have to pass on that.

I find it extremely hard to believe this could have anything to do with
the power supply. The machine does not show any of the known symptoms.
Other than with this one particular issue, networking works faultlessly.
On one occasion while I was trying to find a way to emulate the failure,
I plugged the network cable back into the router before the application
had timed out and it just picked up where it left off.

> Additionally, If you *audio off .. do you still see the problem? (the
> audio off is not persistent through a reboot)

Of course, as these things go, the isp connection appears to have been
up without interruption for at least 24 hours (have they actually fixed
their mess?), so it may be a while before I can check.

Thanks for your input so far.

Regards,
Frank