[iyonix-support] Re: Iyonix network lock out

  • From: Peter van der Vos <peterthuis@xxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2012 17:03:17 +0200

Op 7 apr 2012, om 09:17 heeft Frank de Bruijn het volgende geschreven:

Recently my ISP has upgraded its CMTS hardware and as a consequence my
internet connection has become rather unreliable. My Iyonix is on 24/7
and performs several nightly tasks, like retrieving log files for sites I maintain. If the internet connection disappears in the middle of such
a task, the result can be either a completely locked up machine or a
network interface which is unable to connect to anything after the ISP
connection has come back up. Both require a machine reset to get things
back in order.

Could it be related to this:

http://www.riscosopen.org/forum/forums/4/topics/991

This affects long running machines. Maybe the unreliable connection generates errors and triggers the memory leak.

You could check the size of the system heap.

Peter
--
Peter van der Vos
peterthuis@xxxxxxx