[iyonix-support] Re: Iyonix network lock out

  • From: Frank de Bruijn <iyonix-support-sub@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 09 Apr 2012 08:31:17 +0200

In article <4F820B25.1010703@xxxxxxxxxx>,
   John Ballance <jwb@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> What you describe implies a low level routine that has no realistic
> timeout. I guess the obvious question to ask is whether you are on the
> latest version of the OS, and whether this would occur on an earlier
> version.

I am currently on 5.18. When it started I was still using 5.16.

> Also is there anything you can do locally that can emulate this isp
> link failure ..

Apparently not. I have tried pulling network cables during transfers
and switching the router off, but the higher level application will just
notice the connection has been lost or time out without the interface
locking up.

Regards,
Frank