[iyonix-support] Re: Iyonix network lock out

  • From: Frank de Bruijn <iyonix-support-sub@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 09 Apr 2012 15:38:27 +0200

In article <527db3cc31tim@xxxxxxxxx>,
   Tim Hill <tim@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> In article <527daedb21iyonix-support-sub@xxxxxxxxx>, Frank de Bruijn
> <iyonix-support-sub@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> [Snip]

> > Of course, as these things go, the isp connection appears to have been
> > up without interruption for at least 24 hours (have they actually fixed
> > their mess?), so it may be a while before I can check.

> Have you tried live removal of the cable between the router and the
> phone/bb socket?

The cable between the router and the cable modem, yes I have. I have
even switched off the modem on one occasion.

Somehow only the interruptions originating in the CMTS itself seem to be
able to trigger the lock up. And even then it doesn't always happen,
judging by the logs of the past couple of weeks.

Regards,
Frank