[iyonix-support] Re: Iyonix Hardware additions

  • From: Matthew Thompson <mt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2008 22:25:59 GMT

In message <4f6a70bfafjohn.devine970@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
          "John Devine (Mail)" <john.devine970@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In article <47886b6a4f.MThompson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
>    Matthew Thompson <mt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> The camera used was an Olympus D-490 Zoom 2.1 Megapixel. I
>> don't think the camera can connect directly to the Iyonix
>> can't see any USB sockets anywhere.

> Both my Olympus cameras are fitted with mini-USB sockets, known,
> I think, as Type B.  They're under the flap which also houses the
> video out socket and the mains psu input. They are marked with
> the letters 'USB' not with the usual trident symbol.

Just had a check of the camera I have here and there is indeed a flap
but there is no USB mini sockets - my mobile has those mini USB
sockets in it, all the camera has under the flap is what looks like a
power supply plug and 2 plugs for video out.

> With an A to B adaptor cable, they plug straight into the Iyonix
> and, after a few seconds delay, show up as a removable media icon
> on the icon bar.

This sounds just the job which Olympus camera is that?

cheers
Matthew

--

 Message sent from an IYONIX www.iyonix.com