[iyonix-support] Re: Iyonix Hardware additions

  • From: Roger Foden <roger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 02 Feb 2008 10:43:12 GMT

In message <9e033b6a4f.Chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          C J Craig <Chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

[snip]

>  I have an Olympus SP-560UZ, it works fine connected to Iyonix &
> picture transfer is faster than via a card reader. Although I accept
> the above point re batteries.

Some cameras will connect directly via USB and appear as removable
media (just to the left of the floppy on the icon bar). The camera
itself may need to be cofigured, via its own menus, to connect as a
memory device via USB.

However some makes of camera - Canon is one of these - require
dedicated software to connect. It is, I think, a sort of TWAIN driver
and is supplied with the camera, but only for the Windows OS.

Using a card reader seems to work for any type of camera and memory
medium; card readers are cheap and nowadays cope with almost every
type of memory card., though SCHC will possibly be a problem.

Regards
Roger