[iyonix-support] Re: Iyonix Hardware additions

  • From: Eddie Lord <riscos@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2008 08:48:57 GMT

In message <f03afd694f.MThompson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Matthew Thompson <mt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote thus:

> Since my additon of a new power supply and USB External hard disc for
> my Iyonix, i'm quite keen to add some more new stuff to my Iyonix and
> have a few things in mind but not sure what the best option is, so any
> help and advice very much appreciated - (and apologies if this is
> covering old ground)

> Mouse
> ---------
> I use the standard Iyonix USB mouse but was given an Optical mouse to
> try out, the control is superb and a lot better than a ball mouse,
> however it only has 2 buttons and the mouse menu button is now a
> scrolling wheel button in the middle (hope that makes sense) and
> cannot get used to it, so does anyone know if there is a proper 3
> button optical mouse (with Select,Menu & Adjust buttons) do such
> things exist ?

I have a Labtec mouse which also has a scroll wheel in the middle, but
the scroll wheel is also a button. Have you tried clicking with the
scroll wheel? I wouldn't be with out my scroll wheel now.

> Digital Camera
> --------------------
> I would imagine the ones that CJE Micros have listed will work OK with
> an Iyonix but how can you be sure which ones will work and which
> don't? I had access to an Olympus digital camera and tried to get it
> to work with the Iyonix but got repsonse at all when I plugged it in.

If a camera wont work directly then get a card reader instead. The two
olympus compact cameras we have both work as does my Nikon SLR. What
model of Olympus did you try?

--
Kind Regards
Eddie