[iyonix-support] Re: Iyonix Hardware additions

  • From: Richard Darby <richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2008 10:38:56 +0000 (GMT)

In article <f03afd694f.MThompson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
   Matthew Thompson <mt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Since my additon of a new power supply and USB External hard disc for
> my Iyonix, i'm quite keen to add some more new stuff to my Iyonix and
> have a few things in mind but not sure what the best option is, so any
> help and advice very much appreciated - (and apologies if this is
> covering old ground)

> Mouse
> ---------

> I use the standard Iyonix USB mouse but was given an Optical mouse to
> try out, the control is superb and a lot better than a ball mouse,
> however it only has 2 buttons and the mouse menu button is now a
> scrolling wheel button in the middle (hope that makes sense) and
> cannot get used to it, so does anyone know if there is a proper 3
> button optical mouse (with Select,Menu & Adjust buttons) do such
> things exist ?

I don't know, but I should think they are pretty rare as wheel mice are
standard with Windows these days.  I know it feels strange to use the
wheel as the middle button, but you do get used to it.  What is more
important if you get the !HID application from XAT you can use the wheel
to scroll pages - very useful.  I have a Logitech mouse, now several years
old.

> Digital Camera

I agree with Bernard.

Richard Darby.

--
|_)o _ |_  _.._ _|  | \ _.._ |_        / Powered by: Iyonix and RiscOS 5
                                /    /   Hosted by:  OrpheusInternet
e-mail:  richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxx      /     for RISC OS and all OS's
Website: http://www.rjdarby.co.uk  /  http://www.orpheusinternet.co.uk/