[PCB_FORUM] Re: CDNLive! Conference

  • From: george.h.patrick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2005 15:40:33 -0700

OK, to give the benefit of the doubt I looked over the two schedules and put
them in a spreadsheet.

Shall we break it down by hours / day?

+------+-----+------+------+-----+-----+-------+
| Year | Sun | Mon  | Tue  | Wed | Thu | Total |
+------+-----+------+------+-----+-----+-------+
| 2004 | 16  | 1    | 4.75 | 3   | 8   | 32.75 |
| 2005 | 0   | 0.75 | 6.25 | 0   | 8   | 15    |
+------+-----+------+------+-----+-----+-------+

This does not include the Demo/Cadence night stuff, nor the User Group
stuff.  It also does not include Front End or SpecctraQuest stuff, but does
include Specctra.  As far as I can see, CDNLive! has roughly half of the PCB
Design content from the 2004 event.  I have no way to compare costs, so
maybe the cost of CDNLive! is half of the cost of the ICUG conference to
make up for it.

Your comment about 24 Hours of tutorials in 2005 is interesting, considering
that only 2 tutorials have anything to do with PCB design, out of 17 total.
And BOTH are on Thursday afternoon so you have to sit thru Wednesday and
half of Thursday to attend one or the other.

I guess the new, improved, voted-on-by-nobody committee should be proud,
they did what Cadence wanted.

I for one am still waiting to be impressed.
--
George Patrick
Tektronix, Inc.

It's my opinion, not Tektronix'