[PCB_FORUM] Re: CDNLive! Conference

  • From: Michael.Catrambone@xxxxxxxxxx
  • To: icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2005 22:32:28 -0500

George,

I ran the numbers a couple times prior and after we built
this years schedule and it looks like we are close to the
PCB Content compared to last years ICU Conference.
Just for my sanity, I ran them again - twice to be sure :

ICU Conference (Sunday thru Thursday)
ICU PCB SIG 2004
        Papers = 14.75 Hours
        Roadmaps = 2.5 Hours
        Tech Panels = 4 Hours
        Tutorials = 32 Hours (All Day Sun. and Thurs.)
        PCB SIG Business = .5
        Cadence Tech Night (Demo Night) = 3 Hours
        Vendor Fair = 3 Hours

CDNLive! Conference (Monday thru Thursday)
CDNLive! 2005 - SPB Co-Design
        Papers = 12.75 Hours
        Roadmaps = .75 Hour
        Tech Panels = 2 Hours
        Tutorials = 24 Hours (1/2 day Wed. / All Day Thurs.)
        Design Expo (Vendor Fair) = 1.5 + 3 Hours
        Cadence Tech Night (Demo Night) = 3 Hours
        and "Meet the Developers (R&D)"

I agree with you, if you review the schedule there is more
IC Design content then in previous years but I don't believe
the PCB Design content was effected by this increase.
The Steering Committee and I are strongly committed in
making this conference a success for the user community
with rich technical content.

Michael Catrambone
UTStarcom, Inc.
Chairman
Cadence Designer Network

Please respond to icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent by:        icu-pcb-forum-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
To:     icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
cc:
Subject:        [PCB_FORUM] CDNLive! Conference

I have just finished looking over the schedule for the upcoming CDNLive!
conference.
Am I the only one disappointed in the new "look and feel" of this event?
There are maybe 10 hours of things that are of use to PCB designers, 14 if
hang on until Thursday afternoon.  This is compared to ~60 hours at the
last
conference.

This is just what I hoped wasn't going to happen, but I guess I should
have
known better.  It's what I have come to expect from Cadence and their
total
lack of interest in anything other than IC design.  And thanks HAVE to go
out to whoever championed this scheme to the PCB SIG officers.  The
results
show how much thought and time went into it, they are to be commended.

I am supposed to convince my manager to pay for me to send me to this
farce
and keep me down there for 4 days so I can attend 14 hours of sessions.
Right
--
George Patrick
Tektronix, Inc.

It's my opinion, not Tektronix'

Title: Message

I have just finished looking over the schedule for the upcoming CDNLive! conference.
Am I the only one disappointed in the new "look and feel" of this event?  There are maybe 10 hours of things that are of use to PCB designers, 14 if I hang on until Thursday afternoon.  This is compared to ~60 hours at the last conference.