[ian-reeds-games] Re: Releasing Tactical Battle 1.11 in the next few days

  • From: "Allan Thompson" <allan1.thompson@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2013 21:57:53 -0500

Hi Shawn,

I have updated the starship maps recently.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/68028683/starship%20battles%20basic.zip

Total war is now a fight with all races involved inside a gas nebula where the
unseen and unexplored flags are used. The sight range is about 4 on a 20x20
map.

The triumvirate map is new, and that has the player useing all three ships
against an incoming klingon attack fleet. The base station is also gorn.

The academy briefing is in full working order. To end the briefing map, go to
the fright right. There is two units there.
The good one has a skill called "End" Use that skill, and  select the second
unit on that same tile which is called "Kill this Unit". The tab key will get
you to it.
Select it, and it should "die" and the victory text comes up telling you  what
ship you and your friend recive. I wasn't sure how else to do this so that is
what I did so far. If I should change that, I wouldn't mind any suggestions.

The birds of a feather map has a victory condition that allows you to kill
brutus and win...The lyrans don't have esg anymore, I changed them to straight
fusion beams cause the other weapon simply wasn't working right.

I am not sure what might be new, but all the maps should be working now.

Wow! So a full out barrage of weapons from every single ship should do the
trick against the borg? Thanks for clueing me in on that. I guess it is
possible then.

This update also has the new dev 12 change where it plays music during map
selection.

If you have any other suggestions or maps you want to see let me know. I feel
like there could be more but I have exhausted everything my own brain can cook
up, lol.

Hope it is enjoyable.