[HUG ] Re: VS: Re: AW: Re: It's a sad Hasselblad day........

  • From: "Franc Flipsen" <fujifan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <hasselblad@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2011 13:41:51 -0700

Hi James,

I think he's talking about 4/3 sensor used by panasonic and olympus.  As for
your P30 back, it has a crop factor of 1.3 so the viewing angle of a 40mm
lens is actually 52mm.  Also PhaseOne does not recommend lenses wider than
40mm (before Factoring) as they cause color fringing on the edges of the
sensor.  With that in mind an SWC or a 30mm is out of the question.
40mm(52mm) 50mm(65mm) 60mm(78mm) 80mm(104mm) 100mm(130mm) 120mm(156mm)
150mm(195mm) 180mm(234mm).  Taking the crop factor into consideration I'd
start with a 50, 80 and a 120 then add a 40 and a 180.  Once you get used to
the quality of a digital back you'll never go back to 35mm gear for anything
serious. I got hooked on my old kodak back (16Mp) traded up to a P25 and
really got addicted, Now I've got a H3d39 and prefer it to my Nikon D3.
Your going to see a big difference even in an 8x10 print.

Franc