[HUG ] Re: VS: Re: AW: Re: It's a sad Hasselblad day........

  • From: "Q.G. de Bakker" <qnu@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <hasselblad@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2011 07:47:21 +0100

James wrote:

I have a use for a longer lens 100 or 120, so what is wrong with 150mm.
I was thinking of getting one of those, you guys think 100mm is better than
150mm. I mainly shot landscapes but some times you need a bigger lens

There's nothing wrong with any of the lenses you could get.
Some lenses get a "better press" than others, but the differences between them and 'the rest' are rather exagerated. There is no reason to spend even a second worrying about the quality of any of the bunch.

So do not select a lens based on how good (people say) it is. Pick the one you need. If the focal length of the 150 mm lens is what you need, a 100 mm lens will be hell to work with. And vice versa.