[haiku] Re: Problem with cprivmsg.txt

  • From: "Jonas Sundström" <jonas@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 28 Nov 2010 21:17:04 +0100

Miroslav Stimac "Miroslav Stimac" <Miroslav.Stimac@xxxxxx> wrote:
> Again, I get the general system error, but this time when
> copying the file RFC1459.txt, that is file 58 of 11922.
> This means that the problem is not a corrupt file system on the
> target partition. The CD-R source disc is also not the problem.

I would scan the target partition for bad sectors, probably using
this http://gparted.sourceforge.net/livecd.php
or some linux or windows fdisk. I don't think we have a Haiku
alternative yet.

If it finds any bad sectors at all you should seriously consider
getting a replacement disk, and make sure you have backups of
important data.

/Jonas.