[haiku] Re: Problem with cprivmsg.txt

  • From: "Miroslav Stimac" <Miroslav.Stimac@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 28 Nov 2010 22:10:37 +0100

Hello Scott and Jonas,

Meanwhile, after burning several discs, I found the problem.
It seems that the burning software plays an important role.
When I use Nero Trial Edition, then the installation of Haiku works without any
problems.
But when I burn the .iso file with CDBurnerXP, then I have the described
problems with the two files.

Is this really a bug in CDBurnerXP?
Or some compatibility issue with the Haiku CD .iso file?

Whatever it is, we should check it and, if this happens not only in my case, at
least inform the users while downloading the Haiku .iso file.
I think that many people use CDBurnerXP.
I use the CDBurnerXP version 4.3.2.2212.

Furthermore, ACPI does not work with my notebook. When it is enabled (by
default), then my system freezes while booting Haiku. I disabled ACPI in the
kernel configuration file and now Haiku works fine. :-)

However, I often read that people have problems with ACPI. I think that many
new users who try Haiku do not know how to deactivate ACPI. We should find a
user-friendly solution before publishing the Alpha 3 version.
Any good ideas?

Regards,
Miroslav Stimac